5 or more servings of fruits and vegetables
2 hours or less recreational screen time
1 hour or more of physical activity
0 sugary drinks, more water and low-fat milk
10 strategies for success in school:
1. Encourage healthy choices for snacks and celebrations.
2. Participate in local, state or national initiatives that promote physical activity and healthy eating.
3. Include community organizations in wellness promotion.
4. Involve and educate families in initiatives that promote physical activity and healthy eating.
5. Encourage water and low-fat milk instead of sugar-sweetened drinks.
6. Discourage the use of food as a reward; use physical activity as a reward.
7. Incorporate physical activity into the school day.
8. Develop a 5-2-1-0 friendly staff wellness plan.
9. Collaborate with school nutrition program.
10. Implement or strengthen a wellness policy that supports the 5-2-1-0 strategies.