2: Number of insurers on the ACA marketplace for Maine in 2014
40,000-plus: The number of Mainers who signed up for insurance through that marketplace.
90: The percentage of Mainers who signed up for insurance on the marketplace and got a federal subsidy.
$344: Average monthly subsidy for those Mainers.
$99: Average monthly insurance cost after that subsidy.
$11,450: Poverty line for one person in 2014. (No subsidy if you earn less than that.)
Profiles of Mainers who bought health insurance through the ACA marketplace:
- Sherri Tripp: ‘I think it’s wonderful’
- Blake Pooler: Finally insured, for $160 a month
- $22 a month: ‘I am totally flabbergasted’
- Business owner: ACA offered another option
You’ve seen how the Affordable Care Act affected other Mainers in 2014. How about you? Good, bad or neutral — share your ACA stories
- Where to get help
- Tips, hints and other things you need to know
- Get insurance: The step-by-step
- Answers to frequently asked questions
- Know the lingo
- ACA by the numbers
Affordable Care Act 101: We break down the ACA, what it does and what it requires you to do.