WINTERPORT (AP) — Authorities say a garage fire in Winterport destroyed two antique vehicles, but the owner managed to get out before being hurt.
Fire Chief Thomas Doe said the fire on Monroe Road started at about 4 p.m. Sunday when the homeowner was in the garage doing some work on the cars.
Doe told WABI-TV the man was grinding metal when a spark flew and ignited the blaze.
By the time firefighters arrived, the garage was fully involved. A car and a pickup truck, both built in the 1940s, were a total loss.
Winterport firefighters were joined by the West Frankfort and Newburgh fire departments.
Doe said the garage was insured but he does not think the vehicles were.