Maine House 107
Social media accounts
Town of Skowhegan Selectwoman
Coburn Park Concert Committee
Skowhegan Economic Development Committee
Centenary United Methodist Church Organist and Layleader
Somerset Expansion of Addiction Care Collaborative
Personal information (hobbies, etc.):
2 adult daughters and grandy
Years in the Legislature: 2
Committee assignments (if elected):
1) What legislation do you support, if any, to address the state’s opiate crisis?
Collaboration between the medical community, law enforcement, and the jury system working on prevention and recovery
2) What legislation do you support, if any, to address failures in the state’s child abuse prevention system?
DHHS reform and more caseworkers to be able to handle the case load.
3) Should schools continue to push forward with proficiency-based diplomas? Why or why not?
Needs to be w on more so there is not undue testing and inequities in the system.
4) Are you in favor of some type of universal health care for Maine residents? Why, or why not?
Yes it would be less expensive in the long run and no one should have to choose between health care and food or heat
5) Do you support Question 1 (the 3.8% tax to fund the home care program)? Why, or why not?
No. We need home health care but there are too many uncertainties in the question
6) Are you frustrated by the political sniping, exaggeration and even lies between the parties and their supporters that have threatened progress usually reached through respect and reasoned compromise? If so, what will you personally do to make the situation better?Yes. I won’t do negative adds
7) Tell voters something about yourself that they don’t already know, and might surprise them.
I used to be a school bus driver and the kindergarten children would sing songs on our way to school
Should voters be required to show ID at the polls? No