TURNER – Selectmen have asked Fire Chief Steven Fish to attend a meeting Monday to answer several questions about firetrucks.
The questions are:
• Why a fire truck continues to sit out of service after $20,000 was appropriated at a special town meeting a year ago to get it up and running;
• Why the truck remains out of service when it could be in service with a new front tire;
• Why none of the fire vehicles have inspection stickers;
• Why a truck from the north station was responding to an accident on Route 4 about 7:30 Monday morning, when the truck in the south station much closer to the accident scene remained in the station;
• If the south station truck didn’t respond due to lack of personnel, what is the status of recruitment in the volunteer fire department?
Fish said Friday that he would respond to all questions at the selectmen’s meeting at 7 p.m. Monday at the Town Office.
– Kenneth Roberts