LIVERMORE — Residents can dispose of bulky waste at the town’s Transfer Station for a fee.
The town started accepting bulky waste Thursday. It previously had a contract with Jay for Livermore residents to bring their bulky waste to the Jay Transfer Station that expired Dec. 31.
Upgrades were made at the Livermore Transfer Station to enable bulky waste such as furniture, mattresses, clean lumber, pressure-treated wood waste and toilets to be taken there.
There were a few questions Thursday and they were answered, town administrative assistant Kurt Schaub said Friday.
“We ask that residents please be patient as we all become accustomed to this new service, and to be respectful of the attendants’ instructions for paying for and disposing of bulky wastes,” Schaub said.
The station does not accept roofing shingles, but is expected to in the spring.
The fee to dispose of bulky wastes is paid at the station. A valid Livermore Transfer Station permit is required to use the station.
For a chair/recliner the price is $8 and for a sofa/loveseat the fee is $10. A sleeper sofa is $15. Each piece of a sectional costs $8.
Other fees are:
* Automobile bucket seat: $6.
* Automobile bench seat (complete): $12.
* Mattress/box spring — single or full (each piece): $6.
* Mattress/box spring – king or queen (each piece): $10.
* Carpeting/rugs 12- by 10-foot or smaller: $12.
* Carpeting/rugs larger than 12- by 10-foot: see attendant.
* Clean lumber — no pressure-treated: $6 per yard.
* Pressure-treated wood/wood waste: 4- by 6-foot truck bed (level load) $18, 4- by 8- by 2-foot (level): $24.
* Trailer loads: $10 per yard (no trucks larger than 1-ton).
* Bulky demolition — mixed, for example Sheetrock, siding, building debris (no asphalt shingles): $30 per yard.
* Porcelain toilet/sink (each): $4.
* Fiberglass tubs/shower stalls: $8.
Minimum fee is $2.