Sometimes voting “no” is a big “yes.” If Lewiston residents vote “no” on local Question 1 next month, citizens will be saying “yes” to:
• An attractive project that will enhance the downtown Pierce Street-Bartlett Street neighborhood;
• Additional tax revenue without any city funding and no TIF;
• Green space and off-street parking in an urban core;
• Allowing working families who lost their homes in arson-set fires and are living under temporary arrangements to return to permanent housing;
• Utilizing empty downtown lots which have little commercial value.
Lewiston residents should vote “no” to say “yes” on local Question 1 and move Lewiston another step forward.
Carol Rea, Auburn