Carrabassett Valley house fire ruled accidental

0

CARRABASSETT VALLEY — A fire that destroyed a home on Fox Hollow Road last week originated near a wood stove in the living room, Fire Chief Courtney Knapp said Tuesday.

“It was truly an accidental fire,” he said.

A woman who was a guest at the rented two-story house escaped safely from the burning structure, Knapp previously said.

The fire was reported at about 8:45 p.m. Thursday, and drew about 25 firefighters from four towns and a NorthStar EMS ambulance crew.

The home is owned by John Walker of New Hampshire. It is believed to have been insured, Knapp said.

Advertisement

Advertisement