Chimney fire in Norway leaves homeowner cleaning up

0

NORWAY — Firefighters from four towns responded Monday evening to a chimney fire at Norway Center Road.

Assistant Chief Jim Tibbetts said the blaze was reported at 6:36 p.m. at the home of Christopher McCarthy, 250 Norway Center Road. About 50 firefighters from the towns of Norway, Paris, Oxford and Waterford responded the scene.

Tibbetts said the driveway leading to the house was icy and crews were forced to haul equipment up to the home. The fire was contained to the chimney and no damage was reported to the rest of the home.

No injuries were reported. Crews cleared the scene just after one hour.

Advertisement
SHARE