FARMINGTON — A clothes dryer is suspected as the cause of a Sunday evening structure fire on Route 4, also known as the Fairbanks Road.
The two-story home of Aaron and Jody Meader and their 2-year-old daughter was in flames as firefighters from several surrounding towns arrived about 8 p.m.
The wall behind the dryer was believed to be the source of the fire, Jody Meader said, as her parents, Kevin and Cindy Madore, comforted the family.
The couple were attempting to remodel the older home located just before the Fairbanks Union Church, Cindy Madore said.
The family, their dog and cats were able to get out of the home safely.
Firefighters from Strong, Industry, Jay and Wilton helped Farmington Fire and Rescue at the scene.