Calling concealed weapons owners

What do you think of this story?

Login to post comments

In order to make comments, you must create a subscription.

In order to comment on, you must hold a valid subscription allowing access to this website. You must use your real name and include the town in which you live in your profile. To subscribe or link your existing subscription click here.

Login or create an account here.

Our policy prohibits comments that are:

  • Defamatory, abusive, obscene, racist, or otherwise hateful
  • Excessively foul and/or vulgar
  • Inappropriately sexual
  • Baseless personal attacks or otherwise threatening
  • Contain illegal material, or material that infringes on the rights of others
  • Commercial postings attempting to sell a product/item
If you violate this policy, your comment will be removed and your account may be banned from posting comments.



 's picture

Tell me Tron, was the food

Tell me Tron, was the food better in the Mental Institution or the Jail?

 's picture

Perhaps Tron is upset because

Perhaps Tron is upset because he cannot obtain a concealed carry permit because of mental disease or defect or a felony conviction? Either or both would preclude him .

 's picture

Where is the censor?

Tron- you are so out to lunch.  Did your parents have any children that lived?  It must be so miserable being you!

 's picture

i have a permit, also a

i have a permit, also a drivers license,  and do I need to remind you that Ted Kennedy's Olds Delmont 88 has killed more people that my gun?  Granted the murdering car was owned and registered to his mommy Rose but still he was the operator that evening.

The Very Rev. Daniel Beegan 's picture

Concealed Carry Permit

I got mine in 2007 after being stalked by a female counselee on the internet and by phone.

The drill was pretty simple, take an NRA basic pistol course from a certified instructor at a cost of about $100, plus or minus, depending on the instructor, and then apply.

In a city or town with a police department, the permit is generally granted by the chief of police.

In towns with no police chief, in unorganized plantations or territories and for all non-residents, the permit is issued by the chief of the Maine State Police.

I got mine in 2007 and must renew it again next year.

I don't carry illegally.


Stay informed — Get the news delivered for free in your inbox.

I'm interested in ...