LEWISTON — Five people were injured at the Saturday evening launch of the Great Falls Balloon Festival when a propane line became detached, sprayed propane, and the propane became lit on fire.
Three were treated on the field and two were taken to the hospital.
The balloon was Andre Boucher's balloon, Passion.
According to witnesses, the accident happened when the balloon had been inflated and was preparing to take off. Those who were burned were the pilot, members of the crew and passengers in the basket.
According to witnesses, the pilot was burned on his face and arm.
The FAA has begun its investigation of the accident.
The Sun Journal will have more information on this story as it becomes available.