Dixfield police log
The Dixfield Police Department responded to 55 calls for service from June 11-25.
• June 11, Chief Jeff Howe responded to an accident at High and North streets. Louise Nash of Dixfield in a 2014 Toyota Rav4 was turning from High to North Street and struck a 2004 Subaru Legacy operated by Allison Nasatowicz of Mexico. Nash’s vehicle received substantial damage. There were no injuries.
• June 11, Chief Howe responded to a report of an assault behind the Post Office. Kennedy Viger, 23, of Dixfield was charged with assault and is scheduled to appear in Rumford District Court on Aug. 13.
• June 15, Chief Howe took a report of a theft of a boat. It had been removed from a rental property and stored. The boat was returned to the owner.
• June 17, Officer Anne Simmons-Edmunds responded to a report of an intoxicated male with a firearm. The firearm was turned over to her to be picked up later.
• June 20, Officer Maccione arrested Randall Wing, 57, Dixfield, on charges of criminal trespass and possession of a schedule drug. He was taken to the Oxford County Jail.
• June 21, Chief Howe responded to an accident behind the Post Office. Robert Johnson, 59, of Dixfield backed his 1999 Mercury into a 2007 Freightliner parked at the loading dock. There was minor damage to both vehicles.
• June 21, Officer Maccione responded to a report of a sinkhole in a parking lot off Main Street. He notified the property owners to mark it.
• June 22, Officer Edmunds responded to 34 Main St. for a report of an unwanted subject. She located the subject and after identifying and checking for wants/warrants, had the person leave the property.
• June 24, Officer Anne Simmons-Edmunds took a complaint of a sound of an explosion. She reported a utility pole and transformer on fire. Dixfield Fire Company and Central Maine Power were notified.
• June 24, Officer Simmons-Edmunds responded to a complaint of a domestic incident. An investigation led to the arrest of Alicia Hood, 27, of Dixfield. She was released on bail and it scheduled to appear in Rumford District Court on Aug. 13.