Electrical short sparks Norway fire

0

NORWAY — Minimal damage was reported from a fire Monday morning in a clothes dryer of an Ashton Road home, fire Chief Dennis Yates said.

Yates said the cause was a short in the electrical wire leading to a dryer. The fire at 9 Ashton Road occurred just before 10:30 a.m. when Yates was on Main Street, just three minutes from the home. He said the fire was out when he arrived.

Firefighters removed a wall to make sure the fire had not gone into another room. The first floor had smoke damage.

Paris firefighters assisted at the scene.

Advertisement

ldixon@sunjournal.com

Advertisement
SHARE