Ethel V. Marquis

0

Ethel V. Marquis

1929 – 2010

 AUBURN — Ethel V. Marquis, 80, of 2 Smith St., in Lewiston, died early Saturday morning, March 13, at The Hospice House with family at her side.

She was born in Pejepscot, on Aug. 8, 1929, the eldest daughter of Joseph A. and Anna Gaydos Pagurko. She attended Pejepscot Grammar School, graduated from Brunswick High School and attended the School of Fine and Applied Art in Portland.

Advertisement

Ethel was employed at Reid and Hughes Department Store in Lewiston until shortly after her marriage to Andre A. Marquis, on Feb. 16, 1952. She was later employed by the City of Lewiston as a crossing guard for over 18 years. She really enjoyed that job because of the children and the nice people that she met. Mrs. Marquis was a longtime parish member at St. Patrick’s, and her greatest joys were babysitting her grandchildren and great-grandchildren, Christmas and other holiday family get-togethers, as well as her trips to visit family members in Florida, New Mexico and Pennsylvania.

She leaves her husband of 58 years, Andre Marquis of Lewiston; six sons, Dennis P. Marquis and wife, Louise, of Lisbon, Paul A. Marquis and wife, Donna, of Sabattus, Armand D. Marquis and wife, Carrie, of Lewiston, David J. Marquis and companion, Laura Eldridge, of Greene, Brian L. Marquis of Lewiston, and U.S.A.F. Master Sgt. Dean A. Marquis and wife, Jenny, of Las Vegas, Nev.; four daughters, Joline Barth and husband, Richard, of Jacksonville, Fla., Elaine Roper and husband, John, of Scarborough, Diane Bourque of Lewiston and Rita Marquis of West Gardiner; 17 grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; two sisters, Dorothy Fitzgerald and Irene Ferrence, of Lisbon Falls; and one brother, Francis Pagurko of Punta Gorda, Fla.

 She was predeceased by her father in 1976; and by her mother in 1990.

The family wishes to extend grateful thanks and blessings to Dr. Modarressi and the oncology staff at St. Mary’s Regional Medical Center, to Dr. Letafati and staff, and to Dr. Austin and the wonderful staff at The Hospice House.

Advertisement