Fire destroys Waterford home, damages garage

0

WATERFORD — An early-morning fire destroyed a local home Wednesday.

At 2 a.m., Waterford firefighters responded to the home of Michael Corriveau at Just Rite Acres off Route 118.

Assistant Fire Chief Tom Murch said the fire started when a wall next to a wood stove caught fire. The fire destroyed the home and damaged a nearby garage. Murch said Corriveau was the only resident and was not injured.

The Norway and Stoneham fire departments assisted, bringing water to the scene. The fire was out by 5 a.m.

Advertisement

treaves@sunjournal.com

Advertisement
SHARE