Firefighters put out smoldering timber Wallingford’s Fruit House; no new damage

0

AUBURN — Firefighters returned out to Wallingford’s Fruit House at 4 a.m. Friday for a smoldering roof timber, part of the aftermath of Thursday’s hard cider tasting shack fire.

Auburn Fire Department Captain Chip Keene said the smoke was out in a half-hour and no further damage was done.

On Thursday morning, Firefighters from four departments quickly tamped down flames after fire broke out in the hard cider tasting area and spread to a storage barn. The fire was contained by noon, and no one was injured.

The retail store was not damaged and was ready to be open for business Friday.

Wallingford’s was clearly taking it in stride Friday by announcing a “new fire warden.”

Wallingford’s also announced a sale on Torched Marshmallow S’More gelato.

Advertisement