Flexible programs help adults complete college


MEXICO — Many Mainers have taken a few or many college courses without finishing a degree. Today, residents wishing to complete their college degree have the option to register for a “completion degree.” Completion degrees are flexible programs that accept prior college credits and work experience and allow students to bring in those credits, individualize a course of study and choose from a variety of distance learning course options.

The University of Maine, the University of Maine at Augusta, and the University of Maine at Fort Kent offer degree completion programs that are available throughout the state in a variety of distance learning course options. UM’s bachelor of university studies, UMA’s bachelor of arts in liberal studies and bachelor of applied science, and UMFK’s associate of arts in general studies encourage students to design an individualized program based on their education and career goals.

All of these programs can be completed at University College at Rumford/Mexico or one of its sites located in Farmington, Livermore Falls, Rangeley and Kingfield.

Registration for summer and fall university semesters is open and ongoing. For more information about the programs available through University College at Rumford/Mexico, call Jean Kay at 364-7882, email her at [email protected] or visit learn.maine.edu/Rumford-mexico/.