PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — A former Maine music teacher convicted of unlawful touching and assault is now on trial for bringing a child across state lines to engage in sexual activity.
The federal trial for James Raymond got under way Tuesday in Portland.
The Auburn man in his late 20s already served 60 days following his convictions in state court on five misdemeanor counts involving former music students at Park Avenue Elementary School in Auburn.
The federal charges stem from two events in which Raymond traveled between Maine and New Hampshire with a minor in 2007, the same year state charges were brought.
- Auburn man charged with federal sex crimes (Sept. 9, 2009)
- Raymond released pending trial (Oct. 2, 2009)
- Raymond allowed supervised visits with family members (Dec. 1, 2009)
- Details of case against former teacher come out (Feb. 4, 2010)
- Raymond waives jury at trial (April 2, 2010)