Fumes overcome 8 firefighters, state trooper at Prentiss fire

0

PRENTISS (AP) — Authorities say eight firefighters and one state trooper were treated at a hospital after a fire at a camp in eastern Maine.

Investigators say the first responders at the blaze in Prentiss late Saturday night and into Sunday morning were overcome by noxious fumes. They were all treated and released.

People were in the home at the time but had escaped by the time firefighters arrived.

Police at first feared the there was a meth lab in the home, but that turned out not to be the case.

Advertisement

The fire started in the kitchen but the exact cause and the source of the irritating fumes remains under investigation.

Advertisement
SHARE