WOODSTOCK – Firefighters from Woodstock, Rumford and Peru extinguished a small grass fire Friday afternoon that threatened a house. Woodstock fire Chief Geff Inman said late Friday afternoon that the accidentally-started fire at 565 Farnum Road off Milton Road burned a quarter of an acre to within 4 to 5 feet from the house.
“This was one of the furthest points from our station, and they were worried that it would burn the structure,” he said of his reason for immediately requesting mutual aid from Rumford and Peru.
Tri-Town Ambulance and Med-Care Ambulance also responded. There were no injuries. Inman declined to identify the homeowner, but did say that Maine Forest Service Ranger Brad Buckness issued a warning.
– Terry Karkos