The 25-acre homestead originally owned by Samuel King in 1797 will hold an open house on Sunday, July 22.
Historic King Hill Farm open for tours Sunday
PARIS – One of the original Paris farms, initiated by Samuel King in 1797, will be open for tours Sunday, July 22.
The 25-acre homestead, now owned by Glenn and Janice Davis, is part of an original 100-acre site purchased by the King family in the early days of Paris. His son, born on the farm, was Horatio King, who became postmaster general of the United States. He also owned and operated the Jeffersonian, a Paris paper, with Hannibal Hamlin in the 1830s.
The farm is now a bed and breakfast, King’s Hill Inn, which offers a glimpse into the Victorian era featuring antiques and a lifestyle of that age. The 105-year-old post-and-beam barn is restored and the underground part of the barn and the corral are home to two animals: Nessie, a Scottish Highlander cow, and Katie, a miniature horse. The carriage house with six antique sleighs and carriages will also be open.
The Davises are antique car enthusiasts and will have their award winning 1933 Lincoln Coupe, 1966 Chrysler convertible and 1928 Model A at the farm.
The 1850’s home will be open for tours and there will be desserts and tea. The King Farm is located at 56 King Hill Rd in South Paris around the horse-shoe road of Streaked Mountain. We are not far from the alpaca farm.
For more information cal 744 0204 or visit www.kingshillinn.com. Visiting hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday or daily by appointment.