Livermore Falls fire due to grease left on stove

0

LIVERMORE FALLS — A fire that destroyed a mobile home and injured two people Monday was caused by an unattended pan of grease being heated on a stove, fire Chief Tim “TD” Hardy said Tuesday.

Rodney and Evette Waldron lived in the home at 206 Haines Corner Road. They were taken to a Lewiston hospital with injuries that were not life-threatening, he said.

A dog perished in the fire and two cats have not been found.

Firefighters from four towns responded to the fire. The mobile home was fully engulfed when they arrived.

Advertisement

dperry@sunjournal.com

Advertisement