BANGOR — The 2018 Community Matters More grant winners have been announced.
Bangor Savings Bank Foundation’s 11th annual grant program awarded $117,000 to 45 Maine and New Hampshire nonprofit organizations chosen by a public ballot voting process. More than 76,000 votes were submitted during February for more than 3,400 nonprofits located in every Maine county and Rockingham County, New Hampshire.
Local nonprofits receiving $5,000 grants are:
• The Center for Wisdom’s Women, Lewiston; and
• Tree Street Youth, Lewiston.
Local nonprofits receiving $1,000 grants are:
• Mahoosuc Land Trust, Bethel;
• Western Maine Community Action Inc., Wilton;
• Franklin County Animal Shelter, Farmington; and
• Freeport Community Services, Freeport.