Loose wire prompts fire call

0

RUMFORD – A utility pole in Rumford Center Village nearly caught fire late Tuesday afternoon, prompting the Fire Department to send five firefighters and two trucks. A department spokesman said a wire detached from an insulator and was lying across the pole’s brace, which grounded out the pole. Smoke appeared from the pole, but no flames were seen.

He said the pole sustained minimal damage. Workers from Central Maine Power arrived to repair the line. No power outages were reported.

The Fire Department was on scene, slowing down traffic, for about 90 minutes.

Advertisement
SHARE