MEXICO – The Police Department responded to 34 complaints in the past week. They include the following:
* At 11:03 p.m. Dec. 26, police arrested Daniel Bordeau, 25, of Rumford after he fled from police and crashed his car into a snowbank.
According to Lt. Roy Hodsdon, officer Daniel Carrier noticed Bordeau drive by at high speed without the vehicle lights on. Carrier attempted to pull Bordeau over, but Bordeau continued on to Upper Hill Road, where he lost control of his car and crashed into a snowbank.
Carrier arrested Bordeau on charges of violation of bail, failure to stop at a stop sign, driving with an open container and speeding.
* At 1:56 a.m. Dec. 31, police responded to a large disturbance at Tommy Guns Bar on Roxbury Road. Hodsdon said there were several fights going on in front of the bar by the time police arrived. Med-Care was called for one of the victims. Hodsdon said the fight is being investigated and that charges are pending.
* At 4:10 p.m. Dec. 31, a snowmobile was reported to be engulfed in flames on a trail on Osgood Avenue. Police found the snowmobile had been completely destroyed. Lt. Hodsdon said police are attempting to track down the owners.
* A Fourth Street resident reported at 9:17 a.m. Dec. 30, that somebody attempted to break into their home. Police found footprints in the snow and were able to obtain photographs of them. Nothing was stolen from the home.
* A Granite Street resident reported at 2:50 p.m. Dec. 29, that someone got into their pickup truck and drove away without permission. The truck was later returned. Police have a suspect.