MINOT — Maine 4×4 and Minot Historical Society are teaming up next month to host a weekend bash. The second annual Hemond’s Offroad Bash – Show, Mud & Grub will be held Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 18 and 19, at Hemond’s Moto-X and Offroad Park on Route 119.
Gates open at 4 p.m. Friday, Aug. 17, for riders looking to camp out. The weekend opens to the public at 9 a.m. Saturday with the Off-Road Vehicle and Lifted Truck Show. People can vote for the the best modified, the muddiest and other categories.
Other events include:
• A super-sized slip and slide open to all ages;
• Barbie Jeep Racing. Please bring safety gear; helmet required;
• Obstacle Course, Tuff Truck Challenge and Mud Bowl;
• Balance bike demos, a water jungle gym, water slide and playground children;
• Minot Historical Society will cook hot dogs, homemade beans and fixings;
• Hemond’s crew will dish up tasty eats all weekend; there will also be food trucks;
• Bonfires and live music — Faceplant and Powerage, an AC/DC tribute band — playing 6 to 11 p.m. Saturday, free to all with admission.
This is a cash-only event.
Pricing: vehicle day pass sticker $20 (driver cost); vehicle weekend pass sticker $30 includes camping; spectator day pass $12; kids $5 for those 12 years and younger; Spectator Weekend pass $20 (includes camping), and $8 for those 12 years and younger; Minot residents $5 with ID; vendors free all weekend.
For detailed schedule and registration go to hemondsmx.com/hmxp-offroad-bash/.
For more information check Facebook under 2018 Hemond’s Offroad Bash – Show, Mud & Grub; email [email protected]; or call 207-689-8547.
Riders participate in Barbie jeep racing at last year’s Offroad Bash — Show, Mud & Grub. The second show will be held Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 18 and 19, on Route 119 in Minot.