MINOT — Selectmen announced Monday night that they are seeking a fire chief to succeed Dean Campbell, who stepped down Jan. 29.
Board Chairman Steve French and volunteer Jim Allen are filling in until selectmen hire someone.
The Fire Department can propose a candidate, but the board makes the final choice.
“It’s up to us to approve a fire chief, but wouldn’t you want the recommendation from the boys next door?” French asked, referring to the Fire Department.
In other matters, the board appointed:
• Shannon Moxcey as General Assistance administrator;
• Holly Packard as treasurer, deputy clerk, deputy tax collector;
• Sara Farris as town clerk, tax collector, voter registrar, constable;
• Norma Dulac as deputy clerk, deputy tax collector, deputy registrar of voters;
• William Gould to the Board of Appeals;
• Constance Benwitz, Ramona Gould and George Buker as election clerks; and
• William Perry to the Budget Committee; and
• Arlan Saunders as administrator, road commissioner, deputy tax collector, deputy treasurer, deputy director of General Assistance, deputy clerk, constable.
Residents were reminded that absentee ballots are available at the Town Office. Polls will be open from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday, March 2, at the Town Office.
The annual town meeting will open at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 3, at Minot Consolidated School.