FARMINGTON — The Healthy Community Coalition of Greater Franklin County’s (HCC) mobile health unit will offer free screenings and other services at the Farmington Fair. Local health care providers will join HCC staff on the mobile health unit.
The mobile health unit will be open from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., offering blood pressure checks and general health information. Themes and services are as follows:
- Tuesday, Sept. 19: Nutrition Day complete with a Cooking Matters Pop-up Grocery Store Tour that shows how to eat healthy while saving money and receive a $10 grocery store gift card. Grocery Store Tours will be offered at noon and 2 p.m. Breast cancer and colorectal cancer awareness, and falls prevention.
- Wednesday, Sept. 20: physical activity, interactive games for youth, 5210 Let’s Go information and substance abuse/prescription abuse prevention for teens and parents, flu shots, Affordable Care Act information and breast cancer and colorectal cancer awareness.
- Thursday, Sept. 21: bone density screenings, flu shots, breast cancer and colorectal cancer awareness, Affordable Care Act information and Dr. Marni Mishler-Stietzel, general surgeon will answer questions about health.
- Friday, Sept. 22: cholesterol screenings, flu shots and breast and colorectal cancer awareness, and substance abuse/prescription abuse prevention.
- Saturday, Sept. 23: nutrition demonstration, physical activity, interactive games for youth, 5210 Let’s Go information, breast cancer and colorectal cancer awareness and Affordable Care Act information.
All services are free. Donations are accepted. FMI: Janis Walker, 207- 79-2750 or email@example.com.