NEW VINEYARD — A house at 525 Anson Valley Road was damage Friday morning after a chimney fire spread to a wall in the living room, fire Chief Doug Churchill said.
The home belongs to Jim Russell and Bonnie Sawyer. Sawyer was home and called in the fire at 9:37 a.m., he said.
When firefighters arrived, flames were showing from the wall.
Sawyer and the family's pets all made it out of the house, Churchill said.
Firefighters from New Vineyard, Farmington, Strong, New Portland and Industry responded to the fire call.
The family can continue to live in the house, he said.