LIVERMORE — An early morning fire Monday destroyed a hunting camp on the dirt Tolly Wolly Road, which is off Maple Lane, fire Chief Don Castonguay said.
The camp was burned to the ground before firefighters arrived, he said.
The fire is believed to either have been caused by a wood stove or electrical problem, he said.
The owner of the camp is from Massachusetts, and Castonguay hadn't been able to connect with him as of Monday morning.
The owner is Vinny Laroche, but Castonguay said he didn't know if the spelling was correct on either the given or surname. He is believed to have left the camp to go back to Massachusetts about 4 a.m.
Hunters said that when they went by the camp early Monday there were lights on and a vehicle in the yard, but when they walked back by, the lights were out and the vehicle was gone, Castonguay said.
About a dozen firefighters from Livermore and Livermore Falls responded to the fire call.
A caretaker that Castonguay talked to said the camp was insured.