TURNER — A barn that houses chickens was damaged Thursday by a fire that was quickly brought under control.
Fire Chief Michael Arsenault said a skid-steer loader used for disposing of chicken manure caught on fire in the basement of the barn. It ignited the barn, but "we were lucky enough to get it out" before it spread, Arsenault said.
A 911 call around noon prompted firefighters to converge on the barn on Plains Road. Firefighters from Leeds, Buckfield and Livermore also responded to the scene.
No injuries were reported, Arsenault said.
The barn was still functional after the fire, he said.