DURHAM — Loss was estimated at $75,000 in a fast-moving garage fire at 73 Bowen Road on Thursday morning.
Fire Chief Bill St. Michel said the 24- by 24-foot wood frame, Sheetrocked and insulated garage and contents, including a machine shop, were destroyed in the 9:30 a.m. blaze.
The fire started in a wall behind a wood stove, he said, and was not considered suspicious.
Owner Matt Turgeon was home when the fire started. The building was partially insured, St. Michel said. Several fire departments responded to the scene.