SOUTH PORTLAND - Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield in Maine today announced revised medical and pharmacy guidelines to help members who are directly impacted by the winter storm.
The revised guidelines will help members who are impacted by the winter storm access needed medical care and prescription drugs.
Members affected by the winter storm should seek medical assistance wherever it is available and have their medications refilled at any pharmacy or shipped to them.
In addition, for members in Maine, all providers caring for affected members will be considered “in-network” providers.
These revisions apply to affected members living in Maine who are affected by the storm and who are covered by Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield in Maine.
For impacted members, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield is:
- Allowing the affected members to see any physician necessary to provide access to care.
- Paying all claims as in-network, regardless of whether or not the health care provider is in network.
- Suspending early refill limits.
- Suspending utilization management (UM) review of in-hospital cases.
- Allowing replacement of medical equipment or supplies.
- Extending filing deadlines for claims.
- Extending the time period for notification of hospital admissions.
- These medical and pharmacy guidelines are effective immediately until further notice.
For additional questions, members should call the phone number on the back of their membership card.