AUGUSTA (AP) — A Maine man who suffered severe burns when the fuel tank he was cutting with a gas-powered saw on MaineGeneral Medical Center property in Manchester exploded has sued the hospital and the town.
Edward Bishop of Oakland said in his suit filed in Kennebec County Superior Court that his work on the property last April should have been better supervised.
The 34-year-old Bishop claims negligence on the part of the town and hospital for failing to "designate hazardous materials, which required specialized handling and disposal." He is seeking unspecified damages.
The Kennebec Journal reported that Bishop suffered second- and third-degree burns in the explosion. He had been hired to remove debris from the property that had once been a junkyard.
Lawyers for the hospital and town deny negligence.