DEAR SUN SPOTS: My search of the archives for contact information for the person from Bowdoin, a former cardiac-care nurse, who now spends her time finding lost cats and dogs, has been unsuccessful, so I am reaching out to you.
She was on the Lewis Hill Road in Bowdoin, but a trip up that road didn't give me any info, hence my request to you. I need to have her services finding a beloved lost cat.
Each of my past requests to Sunspots has proven fruitful, so I am hoping that this one will, too. I greatly appreciate all the good that you do. — No Name via email
ANSWER: The Sun Journal’s most recent story on pet detective Lisa Nazarenko and her four-dog search team (Jan. 12) noted that she now performs this work full time. You can read that story at http://tinyurl.com/brzbhhh.
The name of her company is Lost Pet Tracking Dogs, and Sun Spots found her phone number (939-0299) on her Facebook page. Lisa said that while she can’t guarantee she will find your cat, she said she has pretty good luck finding cats, as they tend not to wander as far as dogs.
Unfortunately, not all of the cats are living when she finds them. As sad as that is, Sun Spots would rather know what happened to her kitty than spend the rest of her life wondering what happened and worrying it needed her help.
DEAR SUN SPOTS: In the not-too-distant past, you listed names, addresses and phone number of local seamstresses available. I cut your list from the paper but unfortunately have misplaced it.
I realize you are very, very busy but am hoping you will have a listing of the names you printed previously. I will cut the list out and nail to it to my kitchen wall if there is a next time you put it in the paper. Thank you. — No Name, Auburn
ANSWER: Sun Spots is pleased to oblige. She is not deep in letters right now — although she has two really difficult questions that have her banging her head against the computer. Here are the names you seek:
* Anita, Lewiston, 783-7623, pickup and delivery available
* Chez Dorea, 277 Lisbon St., Lewiston, open Monday to Thursday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., 333-0755
* Cecile Giguere, 1048 Sabattus St., Lot 28, 784-3028
* Carolee Nash, Mechanic Falls, email@example.com, 712-6471 (no wool)
* Nita Brissette, Nita's Alterations in Turner, 212-3766
* Alterations by Judy, 906 Sabattus St., Lewiston, 783-6201
* Alice Hilton, Gardiner area, 582-3759
* Alterations by Judy and Industrial Stitching & Leather Repair, 906 Sabattus St., Lewiston, 783-6201
* European Touch, 8 Rocky Ave., Topsham, 721-9160
* Sharon Gagne, Hartford, 388-3369 (formerly Customer Leather Repair and Design in Buckfield)
If anyone else would like to be added to this list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so she can publish your information.
This column is for you, our readers. It is for your questions and comments. There are only two rules: You must write to the column and sign your name (we won’t use it if you ask us not to). Please include your phone number. Letters will not be returned or answered by mail, and telephone calls will not be accepted. Your letters will appear as quickly as space allows. Address them to Sun Spots, P.O. Box 4400, Lewiston, ME 04243-4400. Inquiries can also be emailed to email@example.com.