One person dies in camper fire

0

DALTON, N.H. (AP) – One person was killed when a camper trailer caught fire early Sunday morning, authorities said Monday.

According to state Fire Marshal William Degnan, the 9-by-20-foot camper was parked at the rear of the property and was being used as a residence. Investigators said smoking or several types of portable, un-vented space heaters may have caused the fire, which was discovered Sunday afternoon by the property owner.

The victim’s name has not been released. An autopsy was scheduled for Tuesday afternoon.

Degnan warned residents to use extreme caution when using portable space heaters.

“These devices cannot only cause a fire to ignite, but can also produce carbon dioxide, which if used in unventilated areas could be deadly as well,” he said.

AP-ES-01-01-07 1409EST

Advertisement
SHARE