PARIS — Oxford County commissioners will meet at 9 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 20, at the Oxford County courthouse on Western Avenue.
One item for discussion is a request for a bridge on the privately owned Lincoln Pond Road in Parkertown Township.
The issue arose after several camp owners in the northern unorganized territory asked commissioners in December for help in replacing a the Aldrich Brook Bridge to get to their properties along the east shore of Aziscohos Lake without taking a 26-mile detour.
The bridge washed out last May and was removed by the paper company that owned it in July 2017.
County Administrator Scott Cole said county attorney Bryan Dench “feels that the state law and precedent allows the commissioners to put in and fund the bridge,” though the state’s director of unorganized territory said she is “not in agreement” with Dench’s legal opinion.
Other items on the agenda include:
• Reviewing the status of budgets with department heads;
• Hearing reports from the Oxford County Sheriff’s Office;
• Discussing an agreement for a school resource officer at Sacopee Valley;
• Holding an executive sessions to discuss personnel matters;
• Amending policy regarding employees running for office;
• Discussing conduct of exit interviews; and
• Authorizing renewal of liquor license for Bosebuck Mountain Camps in Lynchtown Township.