Pregnant goat dies in accidental fire in Livermore Falls

0

LIVERMORE FALLS — A pregnant goat perished in a fire early Wednesday at a residence near 19 West Loop.

The goat was in a wooden pen inside a portable wood-framed garage that had a plastic covering, Fire Chief Edward Hastings IV said. The structure was destroyed. 

The fire was apparently caused by a heater, he said.

He did not have the name of the owner of the goat.

Seven Livermore Falls firefighters responded to the 1:40 a.m. call off Routes 106 and 133.

dperry@sunjournal.com

Advertisement

Advertisement