DEAR SUN SPOTS: Is there anyone in the Lisbon or Lisbon Falls area who sells Tupperware?
Also, I would like the name of the company that puts out the books called “My Adventure Books” for children. They are the stories that you can make about a child like your grandchild or niece or whomever. Thank you. — No name, no town.
ANSWER: According to Tupperware’s website — www.tupperware.com/find-a-consultant — there are three consultants within 10 miles of the Lisbon area:
- Morgan Lumbert is a Tupperware consultant out of Topsham; she can be reached at 207-755-1314;
- Kim Richard-Jones is a Tupperware consultant out of Brunswick; she can be reached at 207-215-3851; and
- Irene Judd is a Tupperware consultant out of Auburn; she be reached at 207-783-5256.
There are many kinds of personalized children’s books. “My Adventure Books” and other similar storybooks are carried by many companies.
- One website that offers these books is www.putmeinthestory.com. You can choose a book based on the child’s age, favorite character or special occasion etc.;
- Another website to check out is www.identitydirect.com. They have many different kinds of storybooks that you can personalize;
- If you are looking for a store that you can visit in person to order one of these books, try Things Remembered in the Maine Mall in South Portland. They are open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and can be reached by calling 207-761-0992.
DEAR SUN SPOTS: Per request for chair upholstery: Anne’s Old Chairs to Mend is in Rockport, Maine. The phone number is 207-594-2015. Hope this helps! — Bette Thibeault, Lewiston.
DEAR SUN SPOTS: How do I submit a four-generation photo to publish in the paper? My 98-year-old mother, who has been a subscriber for many years, would love to see this published. — Beth, no town.
ANSWER: Generational photographs may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions must include the names, relations and town or residence of each of the people in the photograph.
DEAR SUN SPOTS: The South Paris American Legion Post No. 72, on Church St. in South Paris, will hold an indoor yard sale on April 8 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The lunch counter will be open and there will be 50/50 tickets. If you would like to reserve a table, please call Betty at 207-743-7965. — Jean, South Paris.
DEAR SUN SPOTS: The Rumford Hospital Auxiliary is seeking items for its annual yard sale Saturday, May 20. Whether it’s a single item, a room full or house full, the auxiliary will gladly accept it. Furniture, rugs, kitchen goods, books and office items are big sellers. Major appliances and clothing are not accepted. All proceeds are donated to Rumford Hospital to continue providing quality health care services to the River Valley.
For more information or to schedule a pickup for donations, call Barbara Belanger at 207-364-3648. Members of the Auxiliary will also be at 209 Lincoln Ave. in Rumford on Friday mornings throughout May to accept donations.
Use the QR code to go to Sun Spots online for additional information and links. This column is for you, our readers. It is for your questions and comments. There are only two rules: You must write to the column and sign your name (we won’t use it if you ask us not to). Please include your phone number. Letters will not be returned or answered by mail, and telephone calls will not be accepted. Your letters will appear as quickly as space allows. Address them to Sun Spots, P.O. Box 4400, Lewiston, ME 04243-4400. Inquiries can be emailed to email@example.com, tweeted @SJ_SunSpots or posted on the Sun Spots Facebook page at facebook.com/SunJournalSunSpots. This column can also be read online at sunjournal.com/sunspots. We’ve joined Pinterest at pinterest.com/sj_sunspots.