RUMFORD — The directors of Regional School Unit 10 on Monday voted 11-2 to approve a $26.48 million budget for 2018-19.
The 2017-18 budget was $27.73 million.
Voting for the spending plan were Chairman Jerry Wiley of Buckfield, Linda Beaudoin of Hanover, Richard Dyer of Hartford, Heather Gallant and Janet Brennick, both of Mexico, Kathy Sutton of Roxbury, and Jeff Sterling, Vice Chairwoman Jennifer LeDuc, Travis Palmer and Greg Buccina, all of Rumford.
Charlie Maddaus of Sumner and Peter DeFilipp of Mexico cast the dissenting votes.
The food service budget of $51,797 will be a separate warrant article this year, Wiley said.
“The good news is that we’ve been able to reduce our contribution (to Food Service) by $13,000,” Superintendent Deborah Alden said. “That’s because our Food Service program is able to generate more money to take care of their own costs.”
The board also approved an Adult Education budget of $182,439 for 2018-19. It’s an increase of $17,612 from this fiscal year, which ends June 30.
The board also approved the following:
• Reducing Hartford-Sumner school art teacher’s hours from full-time to four days a week;
• Adding one day a week for the social worker at Buckfield Junior-Senior High School;
• Adding a teacher at Mountain Valley Middle School;
• Adding two special education educational technician IIIs at Meroby Elementary School;
• Adding a special education educational technician III at Rumford Elementary School; and
• Adding one special education educational technicians helper at Rumford Elementary School.