Rumford police arrest log


The following arrests were logged by the Police Department:

* Steven Goodrum, 52, Rumford, warrant charging failure to comply with the sex offender registry, 1 p.m. on Oct. 6. He was released on $800 unsecured bail and will be arraigned on Dec. 2 in 11th District Court.

* Beth Bailey, 35, Rumford, Auburn Police Department warrant charging failure to appear on a charge of theft and an 11th District Court warrant charging unpaid fines, turned herself in at 1:44 p.m. Oct. 4 on River Street. She was released on $428 cash bail. A court date wasn’t available.

* James Libby, 48, Rumford, furnishing liquor to a minor, 7:48 p.m. Sept. 26 on Hancock Street. He was released on $300 unsecured bail and will be arraigned on Nov. 4 in 11th District Court.


* At 2:17 p.m. Oct. 8, a report was taken about tools stolen from two people at a work site on Hartford Street. The tools are valued at $800. Officer James McLamb is investigating.

* At 2:50 p.m. Oct. 4, police were called to Hannaford for a juvenile shoplifter. A Carthage youth was subsequently summoned on charges of theft of an estimated $1.29 of coffee, sale and use of drug paraphernalia, and possession of a usable amount of marijuana. The youth will be arraigned at 1 p.m. on Dec. 2 in 11th District Court.

* At 8:06 p.m. Oct. 3, a report was taken about a burglary and theft of medical marijuana and a chain saw from an Ellis River Road residence. Cpl. Lawrence Winson is investigating.

* At 2:51 p.m. Oct. 3, a Waldo Street resident reported cash stolen from her purse at her apartment. Officer McLamb is investigating.

* At 7:33 a.m. Oct. 2, a South Rumford Road youth reported that his iPod was stolen from Hancock Street and someone was attempting to sell it. Officer Matthew Desroches is investigating.

* At 11:35 a.m. Sept. 30, a Pine Street resident reported a ring stolen from their apartment. McLamb is investigating.

* At 8:30 a.m. Sept. 30, a Glover Road business reported a window broken out of one of its vehicles overnight. Sgt. Tracey Higley took the complaint.