LEWISTON — Stanley Elevator Co. Inc., with a branch at 175 Apple Road, Lewiston, is celebrating its 60th anniversary.
Irving M. Stanley installed his first elevator in 1951 in the administration building of St. Anselm’s College in Manchester, N.H. Having made more profit than he initially thought he would after installing the $7,500 unit, he offered to return money to the school.
St. Anselm Business Administrator the Rev. John Lynch suggested he use the funds to start a company. In 1952, Stanley Elevator was born.
In addition to its Lewiston location, Stanley has a facility in Wellesley, Mass., and serves customers in New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island. The company remains family owned and operated, and many of Stanley’s employees have worked for the company for more than 25 years.
Today, the Stanley team focuses on maintenance, modernization, and design and installation of state-of-the-art elevator systems in a wide range of buildings and facilities.