Many brides-to-be look forward to the day when they visit a bridal salon and are able to try on gowns for the first time. There are certain tips that can make the day go much more smoothly and potentially reduce the amount of time it may take to find the perfect gown.
* Wear a supportive, well constructed strapless bra or corset in your correct size. If you will be wearing a petticoat, also have the right size available.
* Go without face makeup when trying on gowns so they remain clean.
* Try to wear your hair similar to the style you have in mind for your wedding.
* Note that the size of the wedding gown you will wear is typically one to two sizes larger than your day-to-day clothes. Proper measurements can be matched to designers’ size charts.
* It’s best to limit the number of people with whom you shop to 1 or 2 trusted friends or family members. An entourage can be confusing.
* It’s always better to order a slightly larger gown and leave room for alterations if you are between sizes.