FARMINGTON — The top 10 graduating seniors from Mt. Blue High School and the top student of the year from Foster Technology Center in Farmington were honored before family and friends Tuesday. The event was a reception at Mt. Blue Middle School at the start of the school board meeting.
Each student was called up and presented with a certificate of achievement by board Chairman Mark Prentiss. They also stated where they will be going to college and what they plan to study. The desserts served at the reception were prepared by students in the culinary arts program.
* Brandon Cochran, introduced by Foster Tech Director Glen Kapiloff, excelled in both welding and building construction and plans to study computers and building construction at Southern Maine Technical College.
* Alexandra Allen will be attending Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in New York to study mechanical engineering.
* Gwen Beacham is going to the University of Maine in Orono to study molecular and cellular biology.
* Paul Boucher plans to attend the University of New England to pursue the field of molecular biology.
* Rosa Cohen is going to Haverford College and said she has not yet decided on a major.
* Abigail Flanagan is heading to Montana State University to study visual arts.
* Ethan Howatt will be studying chemical engineering at the University of Maine.
* Julie Perron is going to the Maine Maritime Academy to study marine biology and small vessel operations.
* Catherine Rice plans to study anthropology and art history at Boston University.
* Seth Wegner will be pursuing foreign languages at the University of Maine.
* Andrea Wyder was not present.
“These students are a credit to the offerings in the district’s K-12 program and they put their minds to everything we had to offer,” Mt. Blue Principal Monique Poulin said.
“It is a great statement to what our school district can do,” Prentiss said.