LEWISTON — United Way of Androscoggin County has announced that it has been selected to administer a grant from the Emergency Food and Shelter National Board Program to aid in the local fight against homelessness and hunger.
The grant will be administered by a local board comprised of area nonprofit leaders, local municipalities and members of the faith community. United Way has been awarded $34,254 for Phase 35 of the program. The deadline to submit applications for the grant is Wednesday, Dec. 12. There will be no exceptions to this deadline.
Under the terms of the grant, local organizations are eligible to apply if they meet the following criteria:
• They must be private voluntary nonprofit organizations or units of government;
• Have an accounting system;
• Practice nondiscrimination;
• Have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter; and
• Have a voluntary board of directors if a private voluntary organization.
All qualifying organizations are encouraged to apply. For more information or to obtain an application, contact Patrice Mathieu at United Way by calling 207-795-4000 or via email at [email protected] The application can also be downloaded at www.unitedwayandro.org.