I do somewhat agree with your comment. I also disagree with a few parts. Yes it would make property values and peoples wages go down. It would mean less money for education, roads, etc. But it would make the value of the American dollar increase. So even though everything costs less you wouldn't have to spend as much for your things; property, education, roads, etc. Therefor it might not be as bad as you think it would be. Its a matter of how you think. If you see it as you will not have as much money in your pockets, it would be bad. But if you think of how it would increase the value of the dollar compared to other countries currency, it might not be bad.
I do believe that this country needs to do something to create jobs in this country and to improve the economy. Shoe manufacturing is just one way to create jobs for Americans. We as a country need to get back to our roots and become dependent on ourselves, and not others.
If you were to go to town meeting you would know how and what the town money goes towards. 51% of the money goes towards the school dept. That is one agency and it gets more than half of all tax money collected by the town. The other 49% go towards every other department the town has. The town probably has areas that they could cut, but they actually listen to what the citizens want. The school refuses to listen and spends on what they want with no consideration to what the citizens that they are suppost to be serving want or need.
Have you ever walked into DHS? That is proof enough...