Wilton cabin fire termed suspicious

0

WILTON — An investigator from the state Fire Marshal’s Office was called to determine the cause of a fire that damaged a cabin at Larry Bisbee’s Countryfolk Music Theatre on Route 2 on Wednesday, an official said.

The fire is suspicious, Wilton Police Sgt. Chad Abbott said at the scene.

Wilton and East Dixfield fire departments responded to the call around 4 p.m., Wilton Fire Chief Sonny Dunham said. Neighbors across the road noticed smoke coming from the small empty cabin and opened the front door, using two small fire extinguishers to put out flames, he said.

There was damage to the floor, Dunham said.

Advertisement

The owner is out of the state, he added.

In April 2012, sparks from his chimney caused a woods fire that burned four of six cabins and Bisbee’s home.

This past summer was the 15th year of concerts at the Countryfolk Music Theater founded by Bisbee.

abryant@sunjournal.com

Advertisement
SHARE