Dear Sun Spots: The Greene Village Celebrations will take place Sept. 13. We are looking for participants to take part in our parade. Those interested may contact Pat Stevens at (207) 353-4677.

This year’s theme is “A Salute to Our Heroes.” Space is available for outdoor flea market, antiques, crafts, etc. Several events are also planned, starting with a blueberry pancake breakfast, parade, vintage cars, model railroad display, chicken barbecue at the Grange, hot dogs and lemonade stand, magic show, kids’ cookie- cooking contest, adult pie-baking contest, fire department demonstrations, dunk tank and jail, Silver Fox Western Dancers, library book and commemorative pottery sale, VFW bean supper, gospel concert and ending with a community dance at the Grange. Volunteers are also needed. For more information or to rent flea market space, contact Carol Buzzell at 946-5146. – Carol Buzzell, Greene.

Dear Sun Spots: I was wondering if anyone would have a crochet pattern of Raggedy Ann or Andy dolls.

I would pay for copies and postage if needed. I can be reached at (207) 782-2802. Thank you. – May B., Lewiston.

Dear Sun Spots: Last year in Sun Spots I saw a list of piano teachers. I am opening a small piano studio in Lewiston and would like to be added to your list. The studio is Bry’s Piano Studio, (207) 783-3317. Thanking you in advance and also, your column in the local paper is great. – Bry MacDonald, Lewiston.

Dear Sun Spots: The closest Hallmark Gold Crown Store to most of your readers is Bartash’s Card and Gift on Congress Street in Rumford, (207) 369-0166. We are often told that Bartash’s has one of the most complete and interesting gift departments in the state – along with all the Hallmark Gold Crown products and specials! Thanks. – John Bartash, Rumford.

Dear Sun Spots: Thank you for printing my information in your column on Aug.12! The only outfit I know of that will spray fruit trees is Lucas; there may be others. I would gladly prune the trees, and consult in their care (such as advising what, when and why to spray). At this time I don’t do any spraying other than the 12-acre commercial orchard I manage. Great column! Keep up the good work! – Scott Miller aka The Apple Doc, Bridgton.

Dear Sun Spots: Can I have the senior park pass mailed to my home address? Or, where do I go to get one? – Claire LaMore, Lewiston.

As noted in the Aug. 6 column, to apply for the Golden Eagle free passport for use at federal parks, you need to go in person to Acadia National Park in Bar Harbor, (207) 288-3338 or to another federal park to apply for one.

However, if you are over 65 you may receive a Senior Citizen Pass through the Maine Department of Conservation. You can apply for this via mail. This pass will allow free access to Maine state parks. To apply, send a copy of your birth certificate or driver’s license (anything showing your date of birth) to the Department of Conservation, Parks and Land, 286 Water St., Key Tower Plaza, Augusta, ME 04333. Mark it to the attention of Charlene Daniels or the Reservations Office. This pass is only available for day use, and camping fees are charged.

This column is for you, our readers. It is for your questions and comments. There are only two rules: You must write to the column and sign your name (we won’t use it if you ask us not to). Letters will not be returned or answered by mail, and telephone calls will not be accepted. Your letters will appear as quickly as space allows. Address them to Sun Spots, P.O. Box 4400, Lewiston, ME 04243-4400. Inquiries can also be posted at in the Inform Us section under Press Release.

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.