RUMFORD – Food burned onto a cook stove caused two fire departments to respond to an apartment building shortly after 9 a.m. Monday morning.

The person living in a basement apartment of a four-unit building at 514 Hancock St. called the fire department when her kitchen began to fill with smoke.

Deputy Chief Richard Coulombe said two engines and seven firefighters from Rumford, and one engine and five firefighters from Mexico, along with Med-Care Ambulance Service, responded.

He said the smell of burnt food came from the kitchen. The department vented the apartment of smoke. No one was injured and there was no damage.

The scene was cleared within a half-hour.


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.